100 MIDTOWN | Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Technician's (MT) primary function is to ensure proper physical operation and pleasing appearance of the apartment property. The MT completes service request promptly, performs routine preventative maintenance, assesses condition of recreational facilities, completes or assists with various projects, and addresses other functional or safety concerns based on applicable codes, general standards, or standards specified by the company. The MT is also on call during evenings and weekends on a rotating basis. The MT completes assignments in a residential setting; therefore, good communication and customer service skills are necessary at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, locks, appliance repair, drywall, painting, and finishing
- Willingness to learn new skills or approaches to responsibilities at all times.
- Strong problem solving skills, organizational skills, and good customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic (English) and oral instruction (English) instructions are required.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in completing seasonal apartment renovations and make ready process.
- Perform work in response to Maintenance Orders.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as golf carts, drill, saw, and other operating tools.
- Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures for HVAC, water, and drainage.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining inventory and inventory controls.
- Possession of basic tools required for proficient job performance.
- Climbing, bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and standing for extended periods of time are required. Work may involve lifting or carrying objects, some relatively heavy, as a semi-regular part of the job. Must not have any limitations of motions, and vision and hearing should be rated as acceptable such that the individual would be able to obtain a driver's license.
- Respond to after hours and emergency calls
- A minimum of 2 years apartment maintenance experience
- HVAC certification preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation