THE CONNECTION | Huntsville, TX
Job Title : Leasing & Marketing Director
Department(s) : Marketing
Reports to : Executive Director
The Leasing and Marketing Director (LMD) works closely with the Executive Director and oversees property staff to achieve budgeted occupancy and leasing goals. This position requires proficiency in all areas of leasing and marketing, and the ability to effectively execute resident retention plans, including positive customer relations and timely resolution of resident problems. The LMD will have an in-depth understanding of maintaining and increasing property traffic, increasing closing ratios, and exceeding budgeted occupancy percentages.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate will be responsible for effectively handling telephone inquiries, property website, and outside marketing sources with follow-up phone and email communications to encourage tours and applications. Candidate will also maintain detailed product knowledge of the property and that of major competition through site visits/tours and telephone surveys.
Works closely with property staff in implementing effective sales and marketing plans and strategies. Responsible for all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, and lease renewals, including generating and handling traffic, leasing apartments, and qualifying prospects. Preparing lease documentation, and completing move-in procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures and complying with all state, federal, and /or local laws relating to Fair Housing.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in a sales and marketing position; Prior apartment leasing experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent team building and strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and approaches
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and customer-service skills
- Proficiency in Work, Excel, and property management software required
- Yardi property management software experience preferred