CORPORATE OFFICE | San Diego, CA
Job Title: Administrative/Asset Management Assistant
Department(s): Asset Management/Operations
Reports to: Senior Vice President - Asset Management
Under the direct supervision of the senior vice president this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the senior vice president and department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial reporting, coordination of meetings and conferences, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performs desktop, creates and prepares the financial reports for the senior vice president.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the senior vice president and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the senior vice president. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones for senior vice president and takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other system development assistants to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, CFOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and Executive Directors. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the senior vice president, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating reports.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supports the senior vice president with department finances, including: sending check requests to accounts payable for travel reimbursement, and documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Technical Capacity / Thoroughness
- Personal Effectiveness/ Credibility
- Communication Proficiency / Collaboration Skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree
- Two years of administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Please note our screening requirements before applying: All applicants must provide documentation proving that they are eligible to work in the United States and provide reference and background checks.