LEVEL 27 | Oxford, OH
Job Title: Leasing Professional
Department(s): Leasing & Marketing
Reports to: Leasing & Marketing Director
The role of the Leasing Professional is responsible for the leasing process from initial prospect contact to actual occupancy, including conveying the benefits of the community to all prospects, residents, and guests. This is all done with the goal of maximizing occupancy for the community. The Leasing Professional is also responsible for daily front desk and receptionist tasks as well as as-needed help with audits, reports and training for the staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet prospects and qualify them by asking all appropriate rental criteria (ask questions, utilize guest cards, etc.)
- Record all telephone and in-person contacts according to the policies of the office.
- Maintain follow up with all prospects, utilizing the follow up procedures provided by the Director of Leasing & Marketing.
- Inspect tour route and model apartment(s) daily, communicate any service related requests to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist in monitoring renewal efforts. Distribute and follow up on renewal letters and notices.
- Demonstrate the community and model and apply feature/benefit selling, close the sale.
- Represent the community in a professional manner at all times.
- Accept rental payments and answer basic questions about resident/prospect ledgers.
- Create lease paperwork and verify that prospective residents have fully executed their portions of the lease agreement.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as needed.
- Keep current on required training as assigned by the Director of Leasing & Marketing or Executive Director, including but not limited to Grace Hill training.
- Consistently and fairly implement all policies of the community.
- Take phone calls and in person visits from current residents. Listen to all resident requests, concerns, or comments.
- Complete and enter into Yardi all maintenance service requests.
- Follow up with all residents in a timely manner.
- Answer questions for residents about the community, rent, rules, repairs, etc.
- Follow up with residents after completion of maintenance requests to ensure they were completed in a satisfactory manner.
- Maintain open communication with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to the upkeep and curb appeal of the community on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in planning resident events. Attend events and be an active participant as directed by the Executive Director and Director of Leasing & Marketing.
- Participate in outreach marketing (housing fairs, on-campus events, etc.) as directed by the Director of Leasing & Marketing.
- Advise residents regarding our referral program (if applicable).
- Assist in placing, updating, and removing signs, banners, balloons, etc.
- Distribute community newsletters, flyers, etc.
- Help conduct market surveys and shop the competing properties on a quarterly basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete Fair Housing Certification through the on-line Grace Hill Training program, as well as additional training as assigned.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to the on-site team.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Operate telephone, computer, copier, fax, and office printers. Maintain a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office basic suite and Yardi software.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to stay positive in all situations.
- Participate in all required training.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights or weekends as needed.
- Show ability to diffuse customer concerns to prevent escalation of the initial problem.
- Special projects as needed/assigned.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).