THE PAVILION ON 62ND | Gainesville, FL
Job Title : Maintenance Supervisor
Department(s) : Operations
Reports to : Executive Director
Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance operations of asset, including organization of service requests, preventative maintenance program, personnel management, compliance with safety standards and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Director in the management of an excellent customer service program by adhering to Company Standards
- Manage a high quality maintenance team through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs
- Prioritize and assign service requests to maintenance team. Monitor daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items. Assist in the completion of service requests as necessary.
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Must possess basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting, sign ordinances and pool regulations
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the asset while minimizing future repairs.
- Identify and implement energy-saving measures that promote conservation
- Manage maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain hazard communications program; Teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in quarterly unit inspections as required
- Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process.
- Responsible for key control program
- Schedule and direct workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs related to TURN events within budgeted guidelines. Supervise all vendors and contractors throughout the TURN process
- Supervise maintenance team in preparing vacant units for marketing to include restoration and cleaning
- Direct workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Address resident and employee concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records at all times
- Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas and model as needed
- Work with Executive Director to maximize performance of property within budget guidelines
- Participate in on-call emergency rotation
- Direct workers in maintenance of all amenities to include clubhouse, fitness center and swimming pool
- Assist Executive Director with conducting performance appraisals for maintenance team
- Adhere to dress code requirements
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- For safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English.
- The position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must live within 30 miles of the assigned property.
- A minimum of 2 years apartments maintenance experience
- HVAC certification preferred
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation